Investing apps and platforms are changing how people invest, providing investing services consumers want without high costs or making appointments. The investment industry is competitive as more companies utilize the latest financial technology, so to compete for leads against other firms, you must know how to get clients as an investing app and platform to realize business growth.
The trick is to showcase yourself as an authority in the investment industry. You want to show your audience that you are the right solution for their investing needs. When investors look for investing services, they may feel vulnerable and unsure, so it’s your job to make them feel confident and comfortable in their decision to trust you and your investment platforms by creating a clear marketing strategy.
How Investing Apps and Platforms Get Clients
There are many ways to get new leads for investing apps. It starts with narrowing your audience and understanding your target market and their investment needs. Next, you’ll build your brand, show your authority compared to other investment apps, and narrow your content strategy to find the ideal clients.
It takes time to prove yourself as a leader in the financial technology space because many people are weary of sharing their financial information online to start investing. Investing apps deliver incredible consumer benefits but must take customer-centric approaches to show their audience they can trust them before opening an investing account.
Use the following ten steps to learn how to get clients as an investing app and platform.
Define Your Target Market
You must not waste time marketing to just any audience to get new clients for investing apps. Instead, you must narrow your target market and focus your marketing efforts on the demographics that could help increase visibility. For example, if you offer socially responsible investing opportunities or have a high minimum investment requirement, you’ll cater to a specific audience, and your marketing material should reflect that.
The key is to know where your clients spend time, what types of advertisements they respond to, and how they prefer to communicate to grow your investment platform while narrowing your audience as much as possible to get new leads. You must build customer trust, which takes time and a lot of effort.
Build Your Brand and Presence
Your potential customers want to get to know you before they talk to you, so it’s your job to build brand awareness. Investing apps require investors to have a lot of trust in what you offer. Your job is to convince customers that you are the go-to wealth management company that can help them reach their financial goals.
Most investors do their due diligence researching investment firms to see if they are a good fit. To get new customers, you must use digital marketing, building a brand identity that future customers can identify with and remember when they need investing services. It takes time to increase brand awareness, but consistency is key.
To offer investing to a large audience, you must create brand loyalty with the following:
- Have a professional investment platform website with information about your investment services
- Be present and active on the social media platforms your audience uses
- Use proper SEO tactics to increase social media and website traffic
Any financial planning and investing materials you create should have the same brand presence. This allows your audience to get familiar with you and to be able to recognize you whether they find your website, social media accounts, or a flyer in the mail, just like they would identify big banks.
Develop a Content Strategy
A content marketing strategy is the key to getting new clients and sets you apart from other investing apps. As we said earlier, most people use the internet to research before contacting a new investment firm.
However, this doesn’t mean slapping together a website or making sporadic social media posts, as it won’t help you find more clients.
You need a strategy or a method to your madness. Your content marketing should have a strategy with relevant topics so you become the thought leader in the industry. A few ideas to include it in are:
- Create an investment blog – An up-to-date blog with valuable content helps potential clients find you. If your blog post contains relevant and helpful content about investment and financial literacy, utilizes a keyword strategy, and helps current and future clients learn something about your investment products, you may show up on the first page of the search engines. This helps increase awareness of your products and services. Your blog posts could be on anything from basic investing tips to complex topics that show you as a leader in the industry.
- Consider videos or podcasts – Consider implementing videos or podcasts into your investing app and platform marketing strategy about topics that may be easier to hear than read. Some people respond better to these materials than written blog posts, mainly to save time while giving you another avenue to get more clients.
- Network – Networking for investing apps and platforms means talking to anyone who comes into contact with individuals who could use your services. Connect with other professionals online on LinkedIn or Facebook and individuals on Instagram. Also, attend networking events to find potential clients who are ready for a new investment platform.
Engage With Your Target Audience
Many investing apps set up a social media page but don’t give it the attention it needs. They don’t engage with their followers to get new clients. To be a successful investment platform, you want to show that you are the expert your audience needs.
One of the best client engagement tips to get more clients is to give your social media pages a personal touch by showing behind-the-scenes footage or pictures of you getting involved with the community. Show your audience you have real employees running the company who care about their clients and the community, too.
The best way to do this is to interact with your audience. Most platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram make responding to comments or direct messages easy. This is another way to get personal with your audience and let them know you are responsive.
This is important for most people when choosing an app for investing versus an in-person financial advisor because they want a service they know they can trust. Giving up the personal contact of a financial advisor could be a pain point for your audience, so it’s your job to show that you provide a trustworthy service.
Referral marketing is one of the best ways to find future clients for investing apps. You can get a successful referral from satisfied existing clients, word-of-mouth, and even social media. Never be afraid to ask for referrals.
- From existing customers – If you have high levels of customer satisfaction, those customers are likely to refer you to others. Offering incentives for your current clients to share their customer experience with others is a great way to create referrals. Nothing speaks louder than positive customer testimonials.
- Social media – Anyone can share social media posts, which will spread the word about your services without you trying. Create meaningful posts that people want to share, whether an existing client with a highly positive customer experience or someone who follows you, and you’ll get in front of a much larger audience without much effort and help you find new clients.
Network and Establish Relationships
When learning how to get clients as an investing app and platform, the key is to network constantly. You can network online and in person if you attend networking events. In both areas, you want to create and maintain relationships. The key is to know your audience’s contact expectations and use that to your advantage.
Here are a few ways to generate leads:
- Cold calling – Even today, cold calling is a popular way to get more customers. If picking up the phone and making a cold call isn’t something you enjoy, focus your efforts on search engine optimization so your blog posts and other content marketing pieces reach the right individuals.
- Email marketing – Emails are the equivalent of cold outreach, but electronically. But just like you need a well-thought-out script for phone calls, your email marketing strategies must be strong to ensure your audience opens and engages with your emails. Just sending emails isn’t enough; without an investment app and platform marketing strategy, they’ll likely end up in spam.
- Follow-up – Relationships aren’t built on one phone call or email. After the first contact with a potential client, you must keep up the relationship by following up. This doesn’t mean following up and asking for the sale. Instead, continue providing value to your leads so you become a natural choice, and they possibly choose you over other firms.
Utilize Targeted Advertising
The internet and social media make it easy to target your advertisements. It’s different from the old days, when you would create an ad to throw on the radio or TV and hope it eventually reached the ideal client. With online advertising, such as Facebook or Google ad campaigns, you can target the right demographics so only the people most interested in your services will see the advertisements, helping you get new customers.
You can also watch the Google analytics to see how your advertisements do, making changes to ensure the right audience sees your message.
Collaborate With Strategic Partners
Become the leader in a community so you become the ‘go-to’ wealth management and investing app that gives clients what they need. For example, create partnerships with other local businesses you can collaborate with and help each other market.
The key is to build authority to show your audience you are one of the best investing platforms in the industry that will provide them with what they need.
Speak at Seminars and Industry Conferences
Take advantage of opportunities to speak at events and speaking opportunities to get in front of people within your demographic. Use the opportunity to show the value of what you offer without selling. Provide sneak peeks of your services while providing valuable tips to your audience. You can also use this strategy online and offer a webinar to reach a larger audience.
Be Active in the Community
Community involvement is one of the best ways to show that you care about the people around you and that you aren’t just in business to make money. Attend as many local events as possible, offering free services, providing advice, getting your hands dirty, helping the community with a common problem or concern, and showing that you have common interests.
You can use the opportunities to volunteer your time or even offer free consultations to build relationships within the community. This works best when you join groups and get active in your community.
How Do Investing Apps and Platforms Prospect New Clients?
Investing apps and platforms have many ways to find potential customers, including email or content marketing, social media campaigns, and asking for referrals. The key to finding new clients is understanding your audience and who fits your target market best.
What Type of Feedback Should Investing Platforms Seek From Clients?
Ask current customers what they think of your process and products. Listen to all types of answers, not just positive feedback. Ask specific questions about their customer journey or about specific products. Take the information they offer and use it to perfect your offerings. This will get you new business and help increase customer loyalty for repeat clients and your referral business.
What Are the Most Effective Ways to Market an Investment Platform’s Services?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all way to market an investment app and platform’s services. The proper method depends on the target audience. However, most investment firms benefit from online marketing, including a solid content strategy and email and social media marketing.
What Platforms Should Investing Apps Use to Reach Potential Customers?
Most professionals find investing apps clients by advertising on social media, such as Instagram and Facebook. Focusing on paid advertising like Google Ads is also important to reach the right audience. The key is to narrow your niche and figure out where your target audience spends their time.
Knowing how to get clients as an investing app and platform is important as the industry grows. The stronger your investing firm’s marketing tactics become, the easier it is to be the authoritative figure in the industry. The key is setting yourself apart from others and showing value to your new clients to help them choose your investment products over others.