Real estate crowdfunding companies have a lot of competition today. Interested investors want a real estate platform they can trust to guide them through the real estate investment process, helping them reach their financial goals. With the increase in popularity of crowdfunding platforms, you must learn to stand out to capture a large part of the real estate crowdfunding market.
So, how do you stand out and get your audience to choose your real estate investment platform over other real estate investment opportunities? You must showcase yourself as an authority and show investors the benefits of your business. Here’s how to get clients as a real estate crowdfunding company and beat the competition.
How Real Estate Crowdfunding Companies Get Clients
There are many ways to get more investors to choose your real estate crowdfunding platform over others, including narrowing your audience and understanding your target market and their needs. Next, you’ll build your brand, show your authority compared to other real estate crowdfunding platforms, and narrow your content strategy to find the ideal investors.
Use the following ten steps to learn how to get clients as a real estate crowdfunding company.
Define Your Target Market
You must not waste time marketing to just any audience to attract investors. Instead, you must narrow your target market and focus your marketing strategies on the demographics that could help you generate more business for your investment platforms.
Focus on the type of real estate you offer investors, whether commercial real estate or residential. Next, think about what clients you serve. Do you only work with accredited investors, or is your real estate crowdfunding platform open to non-accredited investors, too?
The key is to narrow your audience as much as possible to meet your demographics where they spend the most time. For example, if you have a high minimum investment amount, you wouldn’t advertise in areas where everyday investors with only small amounts in their bank account to invest spend time.
Build Your Brand and Presence
Your prospective investors want to know the details about your real estate projects before talking to you. It’s your job to provide relatable content online to get new investors, including tips and tricks for your audience to help them understand how real estate crowdfunding works.
Most potential investors do their due diligence and look online before deciding which crowdfunding platform to consider. To reach your niche client, you must use digital marketing, building a brand identity that prospective investors can identify with and remember when they are ready to invest.
To be a successful real estate crowdfunding platform, you must build your brand with the following:
- Have your own real estate crowdfunding website with information about your investment opportunities, as real estate investments widely vary
- Be present and active on the social media platforms your audience uses
- Use proper SEO tactics to get your website and social media sites found at the top of the search results over other companies
Any marketing materials you create should have the same brand presence to help you raise funds. This allows your audience to get familiar with you and to be able to recognize you whether they find your website, social media accounts, or a flyer in the mail.
Develop a Content Strategy
A content marketing strategy is the key to learning how to get clients as a real estate crowdfunding company and is what sets you apart from others in the real estate investing industry. As we said earlier, most people use the internet to research real estate crowdfunding platforms before choosing one to earn passive income.
Here’s the problem. If potential investors can’t find you online, it’s as if you don’t exist. The key is proper search engine optimization to ensure you show up on the first page of Google’s results so you get the most business.
However, this doesn’t mean slapping together a website or making sporadic social media posts, as it won’t help you attract individual investors and isn’t a smart business strategy.
You need a strategy or a method to your madness to raise money for your real estate project. Your content marketing should have a strategy with relevant topics so you become the thought leader in the real estate industry. A few ideas to include it in are:
- Create a real estate crowdfunding blog – An up-to-date blog with educational content helps potential investors find you. If your blog post contains valuable information about a crowdfunding campaign, utilizes a keyword strategy, and helps current and future clients learn about the real estate investing process, you may appear on the first page of the search engines. This helps increase awareness of your real estate crowdfunding platform.
- Consider videos or podcasts – Consider implementing video marketing into your content marketing strategy about topics that may be easier to hear and see than read, such as those about equity investing or the real estate sector. Some people respond better to these materials than written blog posts, mainly to save time giving you another avenue to get more investors.
- Network – Networking for real estate crowdfunding sites means talking to anyone who comes into contact with individuals who could use your services. Connect with potential clients on Facebook and Instagram. You can even network in person by attending networking events to find real estate crowdfunding business.
Engage With Your Target Audience
Many real estate crowdfunding websites set up a social media page but don’t give it the attention it needs, meaning they don’t nurture leads. They don’t engage with their followers to get new clients. To be a successful real estate crowdfunding software, you want to show that you are the expert your audience needs.
One of the best real estate investor engagement tips to get more clients is to give your social media pages a personal touch by showing behind-the-scenes footage. Show images of the buying or selling of commercial real estate processes to get qualified leads and have an easier time raising funds.
You can also show pictures of you getting involved with the community. Show your audience you are a real person who cares about your clients and the community, too.
The best way to do this is to interact with your audience. Most platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram make responding to comments or direct messages easy. This is another way to get personal with your audience and let them know you are responsive.
This is important for most people when choosing a real estate crowdfunding platform because they want someone they know they can communicate with easily and who provides a cost-effective solution.
Referrals are among the best ways to find future clients on a real estate crowdfunding platform. You can get a successful referral from satisfied existing clients and even social media. Never be afraid to ask for referrals.
- From past clients – If you have happy clients, they are likely to refer you to other individuals. Create incentives for your current and past clients to provide referrals to their friends and family for your services, and watch your real estate crowdfunding platform referrals increase.
- Business owners – Let business owners in the community know of your services in real estate crowdfunding. Even if they don’t use your services, other professionals may be interested in real estate investments, and they can refer you, or you can trade referrals to increase your client list.
- Social media – Anyone can share social media posts, which will spread the word about your real estate crowdfunding platform services without you trying. Create meaningful posts that people want to share, whether an existing client or someone who follows you, and you’ll get in front of a much larger audience without much effort and help you find new clients.
Network and Establish Relationships
The key to growing your client base is constantly networking. You can network online and in person. In both areas, you want to create and maintain relationships. The key is to know your audience’s contact expectations and use that to your advantage to fund your real estate projects.
Here are a few ways to generate leads:
- Cold calling – Even today, cold calling is a popular way to build a real estate investing business. If picking up the phone and making a cold call isn’t something you enjoy, focus your efforts on search engine optimization so your blog posts and other content marketing pieces reach the right audience.
- Email marketing – Emails are the equivalent of cold outreach, but electronically. But just like you need a well-thought-out script for phone calls, your email marketing strategies must be strong to ensure your audience opens and engages with your emails. Just sending emails isn’t enough; without a strategy, they’ll likely end up in spam.
- Follow-up – Relationships aren’t built on one phone call or email. After the first contact with a potential client, you must keep up the relationship by following up. This doesn’t mean following up and asking for the sale. Instead, continue providing value to your leads so you become a natural choice, and they possibly choose you over other agents.
Utilize Targeted Advertising
The internet and social media make it easy to target your advertisements. It’s different from the old days, when you would create an ad to throw on the radio or TV and hope it eventually reached the ideal client. With online advertising, such as Facebook or Google ads, you can target the right demographics so only the people most interested in your services will see the advertisements.
You can also watch the analytics to see how your advertisements do, making changes to ensure the right audience sees your message.
Collaborate With Strategic Partners
Become the leader in a community, company, or anywhere else to become the ‘go-to’ real estate agent providing what clients need. For example, create partnerships with other small business owners to collaborate with and help each other market.
The key is to build authority to show your audience you are one of the industry’s most successful real estate crowdfunding platforms, which will provide them with the investments they require.
Speak at Business-Focused Seminars and Industry Conferences
Take advantage of opportunities to speak at events and speaking opportunities to get in front of people within your demographic. Use the opportunity to show the value of what you offer without selling. Provide sneak peeks of your services while providing valuable tips to your audience. You can also use this strategy online and offer a webinar to reach a larger audience.
Be Active in the Community
Community involvement is one of the best ways to show that you care about the people around you and that you aren’t just in business to make money. Attend as many local events as possible and offer free services, providing advice, getting your hands dirty, helping the community with a common problem or concern, and showing that you have common interests.
You can use the opportunities to volunteer your time or even offer free consultations to build relationships within the community. This works best when you join groups and get active in your community.
How Do Real Estate Crowdfunding Companies Prospect New Clients?
Real estate crowdfunding companies have many ways to generate clients, including email or content marketing, social media campaigns, and asking for referrals. The key to finding new clients is understanding your audience and who fits your target market best.
How Many Clients Should a Real Estate Crowdfunding Company Have?
The more clients you have, the easier the sales process is. However, some months will be better in the real estate investing industry. Continually marketing to individuals will help you keep a running pipeline that always delivers.
What Type of Feedback Should Real Estate Crowdfunding Companies Seek From Clients?
Ask current clients what they think of your process, timeline, and communication. Take the information they offer and use it to perfect your offering. This will get you new business and help increase customer loyalty for repeat borrowers and your referral business.
What Are the Most Effective Ways to Market a Real Estate Crowdfunding Company’s Services?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all way to market a real estate broker’s services. The proper method depends on the target audience. However, most companies benefit from online marketing, including a solid content strategy and email and social media marketing.
What Platforms Should Real Estate Crowdfunding Companies Use to Reach Potential Clients?
Most professionals find clients on Facebook and Instagram, but you can also find them on LinkedIn occasionally. Focusing on paid advertising like Google Ads is also important to reach the right audience. The key is to narrow your niche and figure out where your target audience spends their time.
Knowing how to get clients as a real estate crowdfunding company is important as the industry grows. The stronger your marketing tactics become, the easier it is to be the authoritative figure in the industry. The key is setting yourself apart from others and showing value to your new clients to help them choose you over other investing platforms.